Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 February 2011

One drug leads to another, and another....

The trail of drug devastation is amusingly portrayed in this photo.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YNhbTfPPUq3TbaV9f9ZBy4YNBJjWbChkfoKZwUONI1moZ1YBHwsRV49Wt1wxpZ0w8E0raodCk6s53264-lCbY3wYKeaacWA4NM9G9A/Too%20Much%20Trouble.jpg

To transcribe what is on the back of the teashirt.....


          "I take Aspirin for the headache caused by the Zyrtec I take for the Hayfever I got from Relenza for the uneasy stomach from the Ritalin I take for the short attention span caused by the Scopederm Ts I take for the motion sickness I got from the Lomotil I take for the diarrhea caused by the Zenikal for the uncontrolled weight gain from the Paxil I take for the anxiety from Zocor I take for my high cholesterol because exercise, a good diet, and regular chiropractic care are just too much trouble.

Humour is fine, but of course the message on the guy's printed tea-shirt speaks so much truth, spelling out how the adverse reactions to one drug so often leads to taking another drug to deal with them, and so on, ad infinitum.

The tragedy is that the sequence is often much more serious than this, the disease-inducing-effects (DIEs) actually increasing, drug by drug, until the patient is grossly unhealthy.

The secret is - don't take the first drug - find a safer, more natural alternative.