Search This Blog

Thursday 13 June 2013

Open Letter to Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health

This blog was originally published on 13th June 2013. They have now had my letter for over two weeks.

So does the MMR and DPT vaccines cause death?

The answer is - there is no answer - yet. Indeed, there is no reply from the Department of Health. Not even an acknowledgement of my letter.

What does this silence mean?

* They don't know the answer?
* They don't care?
* They hope that by staying quiet the question will go away?


The Original Blog, the Original Letter
Dear Mr Hunt

Information has been circulating recently about the ‘adverse reaction’ caused by by both the DPT and MMR vaccines. I refer to my blogs at:
The source of this information are the package inserts for both vaccines, and published on the internet by GSK and Merck at:
These inserts suggest that the diseases that emanating from the DPT vaccine, given routinely to all our children, include the following:
  • Guillain-Barre Syndrome
  • Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
  • and many, many others.
Similarly, the diseases that can be caused by the MMR vaccine, also given routinely to our children, include the following:
  • Encephalitis
  • Guillain-Barre Syndrome
  • Arthritis
  • and death.
I would like to ask you the following questions regarding this information.
  1. Is the information contained in these manufacturers inserts correct?
  2. If the information is not correct, would you provide me with more accurate information?
  3. If the information is correct, can you tell me why is the public not being informed about these adverse reactions?
I am a wholehearted supporter of your government’s policy of ‘Patient Choice’, and I agree  absolutely with the key phrase in your department’s recent White Paper  which states:

“No decision about me without me”.

However, if patients are to be involved in such decision-making, for instance, whether parents should give their children either of these vaccines, everyone requires full, transparent and honest information in order to make a proper, informed choice. 

In respect to these two vaccines, the public are being told, regularly, by the Department of Health, the NHS, or by all our local GP’s, that these vaccines are ‘entirely safe’, and parents are constantly being urged to vaccinate their children - and this is being done, as far as I can see, without access to this information.

I look forward to receiving your response, and in the interests of openness and transparency, I can give you my assurance that your response will be attached to the blog on which I have published this open letter. 

Yours sincerely
Steve Scrutton

Please note that Mr Hunt's response to this open letter has been published on this blog at